Dark floor in living room – only for the brave
Although a warm coloured wooden floor is a timeless solution, more unconventional boards in darker shades are also becoming more popular. Thanks to their elegance and combination of originality and depth of colour, they are becoming the centrepiece of many modern interior designs. A dark-coloured wooden floor in the living room can be a great choice for those who enjoy sophisticated forms. By creating a visually appealing contrast with light-coloured walls or furniture, it will bring balance to the interior in terms of colours. The dark-coloured wooden boards will at the same time impress your guests and catch their eye thanks to their sophistication.
DARK FLOOR IN LIVING ROOM – TRENDY INTERIOR DESIGNS
In addition to its elegance and originality, a dark wooden living room floor is distinguished by its versatility in fitting various design styles. Its distinctive appearance will perfectly go along with the most fashionable interior design styles. Dark wooden floor boards in the living room will go with the following styles:
- Provençal style, as the combination of dark boards with striking furniture decors will create a stylish, yet cosy interior;
- industrial style, where the boards will create a great combination with a brick wall and simple design of the furniture;
- colonial style, as the dark shades of the boards will be an excellent fit for the style’s exotic nature;
- rustic style, as the boards will perfectly express the warm, homely atmosphere of interiors designed in accordance with its aesthetics.
DARK FLOOR IN LIVING ROOM – WHAT COLOUR OF FURNITURE WILL FIT IT BEST?
Light wood goes well with most furniture, but a dark living room floor requires a better balance of colours. When designing interiors with dark floor boards, moderation is an important consideration. Combining a dark floor in the living room with furniture in a similar colour will work best in spacious rooms with light walls or decorations. White or a light shade of brown will also be good choices. Using furniture in this colour will break the intense colour of the floor, creating a cosy and well-thought out arrangement. A combination of grey corner sofas and chaise sofas with dark floor boards will be a trendy choice. These subdued colours will create a pleasant atmosphere in the living room that will help you relax. A bright-coloured detail is a great way to liven up any arrangement featuring a dark floor; it could be a bold red dresser or a piece of lounge furniture in orange.
DARK FLOOR IN LIVING ROOM BOARDS BY BARLINEK
The floor boards sold by Barlinek come in multiple shades, with some of them being a perfect choice for a dark living room floor. The boards come in various intensities of shade and clarities of grain, but each of them will bring out the best in your interior and become its greatest asset.
- Affogato Grande Oak – brushed, bevelled board in a chocolate colour with a delicate grain and knot pattern.
- Coffee Grande Ash – brushed board in an irregular, dark brown shade, with a strongly accented grain.
- Marsala Grande Oak – brushed, bevelled dark brown board, with lighter details and clear but subtle grain.
- Coffee Molti Ash – brushed dark brown board with a varied tone and distinctive grain.
- Affogato Molti Ash – brushed board that combines dark and lighter shades of brown with a delicate grain pattern.
Barlinek engineered wood flooring – the most popular types:
- Dark floor in living room – only for the brave
- Kitchen flooring
- White floor in living room – trendy and classy
- Chevron engineered wood flooring – a floor with a timeless design
- Herringbone flooring an a modern style
- Flooring for the children’s room
- White wooden floors
- Varnished floor boards
- Strip flooring
- Exotic wood flooring
- Grey engineered wood flooring
- Light wood floors
- Pine flooring
- Rustic wood flooring
- Which flooring is best for your bedroom?
- Which flooring is best for your living room?